Last updated 13/12/21
Dear Producer/Event organiser
Welcome to the Mercury. In order for us to ensure your team, our team and the audiences’ safety we are constantly updating our protocols and good practice in line with government and industry good practice. To enable your performance/event to go ahead we require you to review and acknowledge receipt of the protocols in force at the Mercury. We ask that you share these with your company/attendees and ensure that they will abide by them during your at the Mercury.
• If you or your team display any symptoms of COVID 19 do not enter the building
• We require that you take a lateral flow test before traveling to the theatre to ensure you are free from COVID19. If you test positive you may not enter the theatre and will need to self-isolate as per current government advice.
• Only come into the building at your prearranged times and only access the areas you have hired.
• We encourage you to maintain social distancing at all times.
• Sanitise your hands on entering the building and at regular intervals throughout the day. Hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial wipes are available widely throughout the venue for your use.
• We ask that you wear a face mask or face covering at all times inside the building. If you do not have a mask, one can be given to you. Please let us know ahead of your first day if you are exempt from wearing a mask. You can only remove your mask when eating and drinking.
• You must share this guidance with anyone you are bringing onto the Theatre grounds before the date of your hire and they must agree to abide by these procedures.
• Designated bathroom facilities will be allocated to your production team/event for your use during your visit
The theatre suggests socially-distanced capacities for the following rooms:
• Rehearsal room – socially distanced capacity 40.
• Dance studio – socially distanced capacity 30.
• Creative Engagement space – socially distanced capacity 30.
• Meeting room – socially distanced capacity 6.
• Green room – socially distanced capacity 7.