Backstage Tour- Turn of the Screw
- 45 mins - 1 hour
It’s access all areas as you join a friendly tour of the backstage areas of the Mercury Theatre.
You can step on the stage and get up close to the set of Turn of the Screw, as our guide tells you about the history and operation of the theatre. You will hear about theatre superstitions, the design process, and you can ask any questions you like!
Every tour covers:
- The auditorium
- Backstage area / prompt corner
- Studio Theatre
- Workshop, where our sets and props are made in house
- Paint shop, where the magic happens and sets come to life!
- Wardrobe, where costumes are created from scratch
- Dressing Rooms
Please let us know if you have any access requirements, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01206 573948.
- Balkerne Gate, Colchester, CO1 1PT
The Mercury’s main 499-seater auditorium, with parking nearby at St. Mary’s multi-storey car park!Find Out More