Aspire Club Nights
A party night for young people aged 7-18 years with learning disabilities and additional needs
Join us to meet new friends, have fun and dance the night away!
Our Aspire Club Nights are designed for young people aged 7-18 with special educational needs and disabilities.
Come join the party with a DJ and disco lights in a safe, accessible and inclusive environment.
A great opportunity for young people to socialise, have fun, meet new friends, and develop their communication skills.
Tickets will be available on the door. However, pre-booking is strongly advised to help reduce queues on the night.
Young people £3, parents/carers FREE but require a ticket.
Download the Social Story HERE.
Suitable for young people with learning disabilities
Our club nights are designed for young people with learning disabilities and additional needs.
- Extra staff to supervise the event and engage with the young people
- Staff experienced in working with young people with additional needs
- Room remains well-lit
- Sound levels will be lowered
- Comfy space with soft floor mats and bean bags
- Social Story available to download for familiarisation
- Separate relaxation space for parents to have refreshments and chat
What we can’t provide:
- We are unable to provide specialist care or one-to-one support
- We are unable to administer medication
Parents/carers of young people who require one-to-one support, and those who do not, can attend for FREE
What to expect
Our club nights feature:
- A DJ playing a range of new and old hits. We take song requests up to 3 days in advance, please email email@example.com
- Disco lights in a well-lit room so they are not too bright
- Comfy chill out area with soft floor matting and bean bags for young people who want to sit or lay down for a while
- Bubble machine on one side of the dance floor
- Photo booth with props (no extra charge)
- Face painter (no extra charge)
- Glitter tattoo artist (no extra charge)
- Glowstick fun (no extra charge)
- Refreshments such as Fruit Shoots, Haribo, Freddo bars (small additional charge, water provided free)
- Indoor games such as inflatable bowling and large Connect Four
Getting to us and Car Parking
Car parking at the Abbeyfield Centre is limited and operates on a first come first serve basis. There are 3 dedicated disabled bays. Surrounding roads have limited parking.
If driving, enter the post code CO2 7UW into your satnav to get to the Abbeyfield Centre on Ypres Road.
If Abbeyfield Centre car park is full, then we advise using the nearest car park, which is Napier Road North Car Park, CO2 7GA. For more information please visit http://www.colchester.gov.uk/napiernorth. This is a 10 minute walk to the Abbey Field Centre. Disabled badge holders can park in this car park for free for up to 3 hours (in any bay, when displaying Blue Badge with time clock set to time of arrival).
Aspire Club Nights are kindly funded by Action for Children