Over the next 9 months, Mercury Producers will provide five East based Producers with an overview of the skills and craft of theatre producing alongside a series of networking opportunities.
The programme will explore making work at a range of scales learning the specific skills and knowledge involved in mounting a successful production.
Participants will meet once a month from June 2021 through to February 2022. These monthly sessions will led by the Mercury’s Talent Development Producer, Dilek Latif. Throughout the programme, Dilek will also be joined by an exciting list of guest producers.
How to apply
We ask you to:
• Be over the age of 18
• Provide a short statement of 200-250 words explaining why you would like to take part.
• Submit a CV if you have one
• Tell us about a project that you’ve produced that you’re particularly proud of and why and tell us about a project you’ve produced that didn’t turn out quite how you’d hoped and what you learnt
• Describe a piece of theatre you would love to produce and why
• Tell us about your connection with the East of England – applicants must be from or currently live in this area to take part.
• Provide a high-res headshot and bio.
• Submit an Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form, found below.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 4 May 2021
Mercury Producers benefit from;
• A monthly workshop with the Mercury’s Talent Development Producer, Dilek Latif, exploring the main elements of producing work independently including setting up companies, pitching, planning, budgeting, fundraising, audiences, marketing, touring and press.
• Opportunities to participate in a number of producing masterclasses, led by industry respected producers.
• Mentoring, producer shadowing, pitching opportunities and networking events
• Invitations to collaborate with other organisations in the East of England
• Support from the Mercury Team to develop ideas to be considered for future programming.
• Free tickets and special invitations to some Mercury events
• Opportunities to collaborate with Early Career Artists and Associate Companies.
All applicants will be notified at the start of June
If you have any questions, please get in touch: email@example.com.
Rules & Guidelines
RULES AND GUIDELINES
• Applicants must be aged 18 or over.
• Applicants must be from or currently reside in the East of England. East of England includes Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk and Suffolk.
• The Mercury will formally acknowledge all submissions.
• All submissions will be read in full by the Mercury and an assembled panel .
• All submissions will be given due consideration, but, regretfully, we cannot provide feedback.
• All applicants will be notified at the start of June
• Selected Mercury Producers will attend monthly in-person/online sessions that will be organised in keeping with the latest government guidelines.
• Successful applicants will be asked to attend an initial Zoom meeting on the morning of Friday 4th June.
All nine workshops will be held online/ at the Mercury on:
• Tues 8 Jun – PM
• Tues 13 Jul – PM
• Tues 10 Aug – PM
• Tues 14 Sept – PM
• Tues 12 Oct – PM
• Tues 9 Nov – PM
• Tues 14 Dec – PM
• Tues 18 Jan 2022 – PM
• Tues 15 Feb 2022 – PM