What Is Mercury Rising
Mercury Rising is a £9.7 million extension and refurbishment of the Mercury Theatre - transforming and safeguarding the building for future generations.
We have £400,000 left to make in our Mercury Rising campaign. Text MERCURY to 70085 to donate £5 today!
Sharing stories, making memories, changing lives
Mercury Rising is an exciting project that will modernise and transform our much-loved theatre, safeguarding its future for the whole community. Our planned improvements include:
- Transforming the foyer so it’s a bigger, lighter space which is open all day
- Redeveloping the main auditorium with extra seats
- Making all areas fully accessible for the first time
- Creating a new café where you can work and meet friends
- Building completely new rehearsal and community spaces equipped to support the best new talent
- Revamping and extending our backstage facilities so we can make even better theatre
We’ve already raised £9.3 million with the help of Arts Council England, Colchester Borough Council, Essex County Council, South East Local Enterprise Partnership and European Regional Development Fund. But we have £400,000 left to raise.
Help us by making a donation today!
A message from West End star Michael Ball
I passionately support the progress of the Mercury Theatre and the important role that it plays in the development of regional arts communities and talents alike. It is essential to strive towards creating spaces and places for creative minds, performers and people seeking an avenue of expression or entertainment to have today and for future generations. To reconstruct the physical building brings with it the opportunity to open the doors wider and be a platform for local talent to shine to the nation.