Join the Mercury team!
Working at the Mercury
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, parental or caring status, or age.
Where posts are graded at the National Minimum Wage or National Living Wage, we pay the highest amount of National Living Wage (intended for people aged 25+) irrespective of age.
Benefits of working at the Mercury
- The Mercury operates a stakeholder pension scheme
- Discount on drinks in the Mercury’s bar
- The Mercury offers an interest free season ticket loan
- The Mercury encourages attendance at performances with an allocation of tickets to employees (subject to availability and the Mercury’s ticket policy)
- Free SmarterCard (subject to availability), giving discounts in a wide range of Colchester shops, restaurants and leisure outlets
We are also a strategic partner with PiPA (Parents in Performing Arts), who campaign to enable and empower parents, carers and employers to achieve sustainable change in attitudes and practices in order to attract, support and retain a more diverse and flexible workforce. We are always happy to discuss solutions that allow people to balance their caring responsibilities with their working lives, for example through job shares or flexible working arrangements.
Our in-house technical team are supported by a team of casual technicians who:
- Deliver high quality technical support for Made in Colchester (in-house) productions at the Mercury, on tour and in the community
- Provide technical support for visiting companies and one-nighters
- Provide technical support for Creative Learning and Talent activities
- Assist in the maintenance of stage electrical installation/equipment
- Provide Duty Technical support for the general running of the Mercury
We are currently recruiting new casual technicians to join our team and would be interested to hear from any candidates who can demonstrate stage technical skills. For further information, contact Ben Wills, Technical Manager, on email@example.com
Call out to Creative Practitioners and Facilitators!
Are you a practitioner or workshop facilitator?
We are looking to find freelance practitioners to join our pool of Creative Learning and Talent practitioners to work with us on a variety of projects including our core youth theatre, schools work, older persons workshops, independent workshops and upcoming projects.
If you are interested in joining the pool of practitioners, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter telling us why you want to work with us, and the specific experience you have, that you think we need!
We are particularly interested to hear from practitioners who are based locally.