PROTECTING YOUR PERSONAL DETAILS
The Mercury Theatre Ltd, consider protection of your privacy to be of utmost importance and are committed to providing you with a personalised service that meets your requirements in a way that safeguards your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect information about you and then use it in order to satisfy your particular requirements. It also outlines some of the security measures that we take in order to protect your privacy and gives certain assurances on things that we will not do.
When we first obtain personal information from you, we will give you the opportunity to indicate if you do or do not (as applicable) wish to receive more information from us. Normally this will be done over the telephone or by way of a tick box on a mailing or letter. You may revise the choice that you have made at any time by writing to us informing us of the change.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
1. We only collect personal information about you when you are booking tickets or requesting information or advice. This may include your contact details, payment method and interests;
USE OF INFORMATION
2. We may use personal information about you for a number of purposes, including:
to help to identify you when you telephone us to make an enquiry – for example, by asking you for your postcode or telephone number so that we can avoid disclosing information to a person who is not authorised by you to receive it; carrying out marketing analysis and profiling and create statistical and testing information to contact you by any means (including mail, email, telephone or text messages) about other services or products offered by us or by our carefully selected partners. We will only contact you in this way if you have previously indicated your consent to respond to enquiries from you.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
3. We may disclose information we hold about you to third parties for the purpose of providing services you have requested, or where legitimately requested for legal or regulatory purposes, as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings. From time to time, these third parties may be located outside the EEA in countries which do not have the same standards of protection for personal data as the UK.
3.1 Your personal information may be securely passed to Factary Inc’s Data Screening service in order that the Mercury Theatre Colchester can identify potential donors and supporters for fundraising purposes. Factary will not retain this data beyond the report. To opt out of this screening please email email@example.com
3.2 Your details may be passed to Baker Richards Ltd for analysis of historical ticket sales purchasing and buying behaviour. To opt out of this please email firstname.lastname@example.org
3.3 If booking for events produced by English Touring Opera, your booking data will be shared with English Touring Opera for the purposes of reporting, analysis and, where you have given consent, marketing.
3.4 If booking for events produced by Essex Book Festival, your booking data will be shared with Essex Book Festival for the purposes of reporting, analysis and, where you have given consent, marketing.
3.5 If booking for events produced by Invitation to View, your booking data will be shared with Invitation to View for the purposes of reporting, analysis and, where you have given consent, marketing.
3.6 If booking for events produced by Colchester Events Company, your booking data will be shared with Colchester Events Company for the purposes of reporting, analysis and, where you have given consent, marketing.
4. You should also note that communications with you (including phone conversations and emails) may be monitored and recorded by us for quality assurance, legal, regulatory and training purposes.
PROTECTION OF INFORMATION
5. We maintain strict security measures in order to protect personal information. This includes following certain procedures, for example to check your identity when you telephone us, encrypting data on our websites and in order to ensure compliance with all applicable legal requirements.
6. If you communicate with us via the internet then we may occasionally use email to contact you about our services and products. When you first provide personal information to our website we will normally give you the opportunity to indicate whether you would prefer us not to contact you in this way. However, you can always send us an email at any time to change your preferences.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails/webmails, are not secure unless they have been encrypted. For this reason do not send credit card information by email. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the World Wide Web/Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control.
7. We may use ‘cookies’ to monitor website user traffic patterns and site usage. This helps us to understand how our customers and potential customers use our websites so that we can develop and improve the design, layout and functionality of the sites. A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer’s hard drive and which records your navigation of a website so that, when you revisit that website, it can present tailored options to you based upon the stored information about your last visit. You can normally alter the settings of your browser to prevent acceptance of cookies.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in your browser, you can set your browser to reject cookies or to notify you when a web site tries to put a cookie on your computer. However, rejecting cookies may affect your ability to use some of the products and/or services at our Web site.
HOW TO TURN OFF COOKIES
From your browser menu, select ‘Tools’.
Then select ‘Internet Options’. This will bring up the ‘Internet Options’ Dialogue Box.
On the top of the dialogue box, select ‘Security’, then ‘Custom Level’. This will bring up the ‘Security Settings’ box.
Scroll down using the scroll bar on the right hand side of the box, until you come to the section carrying the title ‘allow cookies to be stored on your computer’.
Of the options available, select ‘Disable’, and then select the ‘OK’ button on the bottom of the menu box.
Internet Explorer 6.0
From your browser menu, select ‘Tools’, and then ‘Internet Options’. This will bring up the ‘Internet Options’ Dialogue Box.
On the top of the dialogue box, select ‘Privacy’. This will bring up the ‘Privacy Settings’ box.
On the Privacy tab, move the slider up for a higher level of privacy or down for a lower level of privacy.
Move the slider to the top to block cookies from all web sites.
Following these instructions will stop your computer from accepting cookies in future. You may reconfigure your computer to accept cookies again by following these instructions, but by selecting ‘Enable’, and the ‘OK’ button on the bottom of the menu box (Internet Explorer 5.0); or by selecting the ‘Default’ button (Internet Explorer 6.0).
MONITORING OF CALLS
9. We may monitor and record communications we receive. This may be done to improve the service which we provide, to ensure compliance with our practices and procedures and where, for example, a contract is entered into by that means, to provide evidence of the transaction.
TRANSFERRING YOUR INFORMATION OUTSIDE OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA
10. Since The Mercury Theatre have artistes and acts from all over the world, it may be necessary to transfer your personal information to other companies connected to The Mercury Theatre located in countries outside of the EEA. This may happen where our servers or such companies are based outside of the EEA. The data protection and other laws of these countries may not be as comprehensive as those in the UK or the EU – in these instances we will take steps to ensure an adequate level of protection is given to your information.
We may amend this policy from time to time in which case the amended version will be published on our website and a copy may be obtained by writing to : Nik Frampton, Data Protection Compliance Manager, The Mercury Theatre, Balkerne Gate, Colchester, Essex, CO1 1PT
This Policy applies to personal information held about individuals. It does not apply to information we hold about companies and other organisations.
The General Data Protection Regulation affords you a number of individual rights over our processing of your data. To exercise any of these rights please contact us at the address above or by email on email@example.com
Colchester Mercury Theatre Ltd
Reg in England no. 441035
Reg Office as above
VAT no. 205 4029 49
Charity no. 232387